Short Trek to Gosainkund Lake
Trek to Gosainkund Lake is short and easy. The main and final destination of this trek is the famous Gosainkund Lake, perceived as a sacred Lake by Buddhist and Hindu people. Besides a pleasant walk, this trek offers wonderful view of Himalayas. Sightseeing in Gosainkund Lake at the height of 4,600m is a flourishing experience in terms of its beauty and isolation. It is a trip through Nepal’s First National Park, the Langtang National Park.
Main attraction of short Gosainkund Lake trek
- Fantastic view of Himalayas, including Mt. Ganesh, Manaslu and Annapurna
- Calm, clean and beautiful Gosaikund Lake
- Amazing experience of remote and less populated area in Nepal
- Several other glacier lakes, including Saraswatikunada and Bhairabkunda adjoined with Gosaikunda Lake
- A great feel of Buddhism
- Change to attend big religious fare in August in the Gosainkund Lake
- Great opportunity to learn indigenous life, culture and livelihood
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Short Gosainkund Lake trekking itinerary
Day 01: Pick up from the airport and drop off at the hotel. Short briefing about the trip
Day 02: About 5hrs drive to Dhunche (1,950m). Trek starts from here. About 3hrs uphill trek to Deurali (2,625m) - overnight stay at hotel
Day 03: About 6hrs uphill trek to Laurebinayak (3,910m)- overnight stay at hotel
Day 04: About 3hrs uphill trek to Gosainkunda –excursion in Gosainkunda Lake (4,600m) & lunch at the edge of the Lake- 2 and half hours downhill trek to Cholangpati (3,654m) - overnight stay at hotel
Day 05: About 6hrs downhill trek to Dhunche & overnight stay at hotel
Day 06: About 5hrs drive back to Kathmandu -celebrate the success of trek with tea/coffee and snacks and drop off at the airport & departure for home
Please ask us
Area: Lang Tang Trekking
Activities: Trekking and sightseeing
Starting and ending points: Dhunce / Dhunche
Maximum altitude: 4,600m
Duration of the trip: 6 Days
Group size: 1 - 12 packs
Best season: Feb - Jun and September to November
Trip Cost: cost starts from USD 500 per person (for minimum 2 pax)
- Pick up and drop off transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- 4 wheel private jeep from Kathmandu - trekking point - Kathmandu
- Accommodation in 2* equivalent hotel and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in nice lodge and breakfast with tea/coffee, lunch and dinner during the trek
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide and porter
- National parks’ fees and government royalties, including trekking permit
- Insurance of our trekking staff
- Trekking map
- TIMS Card
- First Aid Kit
- Nepal Mountain Lovers’ T-shirt
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during trekking and travel stay with us
- Travel insurance and cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.