Jugal Himal Trekking
Jugal Himal trekking is one of the marvelous trekking in Nepal. Jugal Himal is the nearest mountain to the northeast of Kathmandu. Trekkers visit holy lakes named “Panch Pokhari” (five lakes) situated at 14,000 ft in Jugal Himal trekking. These lakes are most beautiful attraction of this trek.
On the way to trekking, we can view many snowcapped mountain ranges, beautiful rivers and waterfalls. As there are no hotels facilities, we offer only the camping treks in Jugal Himal area. This trekking starts from Melamchi Pul (bridge) which is about six hours drive from Kathmandu. Jugal Himal trekking passes through the traditional Tamang villages and dense forest.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Jugal Himal Trekking Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport and transfer to the hotel
Day 02: Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to Chautara and trek to Syaule
Day 04: Trek to Kamikharka Danda
Day 05: Trek to Chyochyo Danda
Day 06: Trek to Hile Bhanjyang
Day 07: Trek to Nasem Pati
Day 08: Trek to Panch Pokhari
Day 09: Trek to Gai Kharka
Day 10: Trek to Yarsa
Day 11: Trek to Laghang Gompa
Day 12: Trek to Tarke Gyang
Day 13: Trek back to Kathmandu
Day 14: Rest/shopping day in Kathmandu. Farewell dinner with culture program
Day 15: Drop off at the airport and departure for selected destination
01 Day: Pick up from airport and transfer to Hotel.
02 Day: Drive to chautara (1200 meter)
03 Day: Trek to Phurse (2045 meter)
04 Day: Trek to kami kharka (2845 meter)
05 Day: Trek to Pauwa Bas (3000 meter)
06 Day: Trek to Hille Bhanjyang (3400 meter)
07 Day: Trek to Nasimppati (3700 meter)
08 Day: Trek to Panch Pokhari (4100 meter)
09 Day: Trek to Nasim Pati (3700 meter)
10 Day: Trek to Dukhang (2100 meter)
11 Day: Trek to Dhap (1200 meter)
12 Day: Trek to Melamchi pul (800 meter)
13 Day: Drive back to Kathmandu.
14 Day: Rest
15 Day: Drive to international airport and fly back to onward destination.
Please ask us
Area: Jugal Himal Trekking
Activities: Trekking and sightseeing
Accommodation: Tented Camp
Starting and ending points: Chautara / Tarkye Gyang
Maximum altitude: 4,050m
Duration of the trip: 15 Days
Grade: Easy - Moderate
Group size: 1 - 12 packs
Best season: October - December and March - May
Trip Cost: cost starts from 1140 per person (for minimum 2 pax)
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accommodation (tent) and three meals per day during the trekking
- Trekking guide, porters, cook, helpers
- All kitchen equipment
- Tents, sleeping bags, mattressess and toiletries
- Hot and meneral water, juice, tes/coffee during the trek
- National parks’ fees and government royalties
- TIMS Card
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Sightseeing and entrance fee in Kathmandu Valley
- First Aid Kit
- Nepal Mountain Lovers' T-shirt
- Farewell dinner
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during trekking and travel stay with us
- Travel insurance and cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.