Janakpur Tour in Nepal
Janakpur tour in Nepal is a religious tour to visit the birth place of Hindu ideal lady sita. Once in ancient time Janakpur was the Headquarter or capital city of the Mithila pardesh and the home town of the Sita, Lord Ram’s concert.Janakpur is very popular for the janaki mandir as well as mithila culture.
Ram was was the prince of the Ayodhya Kingdom and sita was the princes of the Mithila kingdom. Ram is belived to be the incarnation of the lord Vishnu and Sita is believed to be the incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi as per great Hindu epic Ramayan. It is also believed that ram and sita met in Janakpur and were married to each other.
A beautiful Mughal architecture Janaki Temple is located in the Janakpur and it is known as Janaki Mandir. This is only one Mughal style temple in Nepal and dedicated to Sita. The temple has beautiful garden with Vivah Mandap (wedding courtyard) dedicated to Ram and Sita.
There are several pilgrimage sites in and around the dhanushadham area like the temples of Ram, Ganesh, Shiva, Hanuman, Ram Krishna, Panchamukhi Hanuman.
In vivaha panchami,the re-enactment of Ram’s and Sita’s wedding in late November or early December a high number of pilgrimage visit Janakpur. Another important festival celebrated in Janakpur is Ram Navami festival (Ram’s birthday) that lies in March or April.
Janakpur is about 390 kilometer far from the Kathmandu and takes about 7 hours drive by car and 40 minutes flight. In Janakpur tourist can get Luxury hotels to budget accommodation.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Janakpur Tour Itinerary
01 Day- Pick up from airport and drop to hotel.
02 Day- Drive or flight to Janakpur.
03 Day- Sightseeing in Janakpur.
04 Day-Drive or flight back to Kathmandu and drop to international airport to fly back your country.
Day 01: Arrival
- Pick up and drop off transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and three meals per day during the tour
- Tour guide
- Entrance fees and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during tour with us
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal belonging
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Tour Leading Person: Our tour guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Tourists should immediately inform tour guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some touristy places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote touristy sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trip, tourists are provided with an orientation by our office representative or tour guide about the necessary tour information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a 5***** to nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels also are available during the tour upon your desire.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and touristy areas.
View of Mount Everest: For tourists visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trip, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the tour, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trip, please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.