Handicraft Tour in Nepal
Handicraft Tour in Nepal
Handicraft tour in Nepal is a Kathmandu valley-based tour to explore the handmade products. Nepal is very rich in handicrafts. There are more than thousands of verities of handmade product which are very important to the daily life. Some of them are really attractive to decorate the rooms, houses, royal palaces and temples. Handicraft in Nepal has been very popular from ancient time to now. From 12th century to 18th century was the golden time for the development of handicrafts. The best places to observe the handicrafts in Nepal are in Patan and Bhaktapur city. Sano (small in Nepali) Thimi is a tiny town, on the way to Bhaktapur, is very popular in ceramic production in Nepal.
In Nepal we have mainly three different types of handmade products.
1. Handicrafts made by woods, small plants and grasses: Wood carving is very popular in Kathmandu. The sculptors carve in the wood with different types of images. Mainly they reflect the picture and image of different types of gods and goddesses. They also make picture of snakes and beautiful birds. During the tour and sightseeing in Kathmandu valley, we can observe those beautiful handmade products.
2. Handicrafts made by metals: In Nepal, metal handicrafts are also very important. Now this art is highly developed. Metal handicrafts are mainly manufactured for the kitchen utensils and the statue of the gods and goddesses. In Kathmandu, tourists could observe wonderful metal handmade products. Normally the sculptors make those handicrafts with bronze, copper, and silver. Some time they make with gold too.
3. Handicrafts made by soil: Soil clay handicrafts are also very popular in Nepal. In ancient time, there was difficult to get the metal utensils for the poor people. So they developed the utensils with soil clay. From soil clay they can make different types of water vessels and decorating objects. There are some potery squares in Kathmandu for the tourists to observe and learn.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Handcraft tour itinerary
Day 01: Pick up at the airport and transfer to the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Visit Bungmati to explore traditional wooden handicraft. Tourists can talk to sculptors and take pictures. In the same time, tourists can observe the traditional Bungmati village, people and their livelihood. Lunch at Patan touristy city and back to hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Visit Patan to explore metal handicraft. Lunch in a nice traditional restaurant. Back to hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 04: - Visit Sano Thimi to explore ceramic handicraft. Lunch at Bhaktapur old city.
-Observe soil handicraft in Bhaktapur. If time allows, sightseeing in Bhaktapur Durbar Square. Overnight stay in Bhaktapur cultural town and farewell dinner in Nepali cultural restaurant.
Day 05: Drop off at the Tribhuwan international airport and departure for final destination.
Note: This short handcraft tour package gives you a basic knowledge on wooden, metal, ceramic and soil handicrafts in Nepal. For tourists who wish to understand and learn more the Nepali handicrafts, we make a-week to a-month long itinerary.
Day by day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival
- Pick up and drop off transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and three meals per day during the tour
- Tour guide
- Entrance fees and government royalties
- Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during tour with us
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal belonging
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Tour Leading Person: Our tour guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Tourists should immediately inform tour guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some touristy places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote touristy sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trip, tourists are provided with an orientation by our office representative or tour guide about the necessary tour information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a 5***** to nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels also are available during the tour upon your desire.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and touristy areas.
View of Mount Everest: For tourists visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trip, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the tour, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trip, please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.